Your Countdown Planner - Your Wedding Day
You are now about to embark on the excitement of planning your Wedding.
It is the opportunity for you to create your special day and share with your
family and friends your love and commitment to each other.
Successful weddings need a lot of good planning and organisation, so with this in mind
we have created a simple checklist which you can refer to in the countdown to your
Big Day! Each week, you can look at the check list and see some of the things that need
to be done and who needs to be contacted, so that your wedding day is stress free,
enjoyable and memorable for everybody involved.
After announcing your engagement and forth coming wedding with friends and family,
the planning commences.
The Countdown Planner
12 - 6 Months
6 - 3 Months
6 - 2 Weeks
12 - 6 Months Before
- Select a Wedding Date and Time.
- Perhaps Talk with a Wedding Consultant or Planner.
- Find out about local wedding shows and plan to visit.
- Create a scrap book and keep all receipts, ideas, pictures to help your planning.
- Decide on size of wedding you'd like to have.
- Book Ceremony Venue / Registry Office and Reception Venue.
- If not marrying at a hotel, book hotel for the Wedding Night.
- Start thinking about your themes and colours schemes for your reception.
- Book caterers and florists
- Choose Wedding Attendants: Best Man or friend, Ushers, etc.
- Choose and order Wedding Outfits for all Wedding Attendants.
- Decide on and Book Entertainment / Musicians.
- Book Honeymoon.
- Book Stationery Provider.
- Book Photographer / Videographer.
- Start health and fitness regime!
6 - 3 Months Before
- Plan Ceremony and Reception Details Lighting, Table Centrepieces, Colour schemes etc.
- Arrange Marriage Licence.
- Choose Music and Readings.
- Order Wedding Cake.
- Decide if you are having favors and order them
- Draw up Guest List
- Decide on Invitation Designs and Other Stationery.
- Choose Wedding Rings
- Draw up Wedding Gift List or Decide on a Registry
- Book Transport (if required between ceremony and reception).
12 - 6 Weeks Before
- Send out Invitations.
- Book Hairdresser and / or make up artist if required.
- Purchase any wedding day accessories.
- Discuss Menu with Reception Venue or Caterers.
- Discuss Flowers with Florist.
- Arrange Wedding Rehearsal and Dinner.
- Arrange Spartan / Diva Nights.
- Arrange Passports/Visas/Vaccinations for Honeymoon.
6 - 2 Weeks Before
- Buy Thank You Gifts for Attendants.
- Send Wedding Announcement to the Newspaper.
- Ceremony and Legal Arrangements.
- Check Reception Venue & Parking Arrangements.
- Check Florist.
- Check Photographer / Videographer.
- Check Transport.
- Check Caterers and Finalize Number of Guests.
- Finalize arrangements with the entertainers.
- Provide a list of music you would like played and for special moments i.e.; first dance etc...
- Draw up Seating Plan for Reception.
- Check Outfits final fittings.
- Check Honeymoon Arrangements and Clothing.
- Pick up Wedding Rings.
- Create a Wedding Day Time Table.
1 Week To Go
- Double Check All Arrangements.
- Pack your baggage for your honeymoon and collect currency.
- Hold a Wedding Ceremony Rehearsal.
- Go over Wedding Day Timetable with Attendants.
- Nominate Attendant to take care of days schedule and any problems that may arise so that you can enjoy the day.
- Have a manicure, pedicure, fake tan and any other pampering treatments.
- Check on venue decorations.
- Relax and have an early night.
The Wedding Day!
- Have Fun!!!
- Relax and remain calm
- Take time out for yourself during the day to reflect and take in sights, sounds and expressions as the day will pass very quickly.